Friday, May 21, 2010

Journal Entry 16: The Tunnel

Journal entry of Choice. Graffiti

In what ways do people express themselves? Through oil and canvas, watercolour, acrylics... spray paint?! yes. Spray paint.



Located by the Southbank behind Waterloo Station, THE TUNNEL is home to graffiti madness!





Ideas suggested to me by this: freedom of expression and acknowledgement of youth and progression.



I always wanted to spray paint a wall, thanks to the guys who tried to help me out by letting me try to use the left overs of their paints, I tried to place my mark on there. No one nows it was me, no one can see it, but I know its there. And that's what matters. Graffiti isn't always about signing your name, but making your mark and letting others enjoy your work.




LOOK BELOW: Center tile, orange dot among white. See it? Look close.

See that orange dot? That's ME! I did that! It made me really happy!